Wednesday 21 August 2013

My Nannie and Blogiversary

Today marks 30 years since my Nannie 'Buster' passed away. I was just 16 years old when she left us and today I feel as though I am 16 years old again. My heart is full to bursting, just thinking about her and how much I still miss having her in my life, physically speaking. I know and trust that she is with me spiritually because I sense her presence frequently, especially when I feel I am at a crossroads or when I am facing overwhelming emotions.

I have found out a lot more about my Nannie Lilian (read my blog post about her here) since I became an ardent genealogist and family historian. Things she never spoke about or rarely spoke about, like her parents' lives. I have visited the house, where she was born in 1920, with my husband and daughter and I have researched her ancestry back to the early 1800s when her 2 x great-grandparents John and Ann allegedly left county Somerset to live in the "big smoke" of London. I've made several wonderful connections with Humphries descendents and have been blessed to share documents and precious photographs.

Yesterday also marked my blogiversary. I have been writing posts on this blog for 2 years now and I am so pleased that I found the courage to write about my family and share some of the great wealth of information that I've accumulated and collected over the past 20 years plus of my life. Both of my grandmothers left me a treasure trove of family photographs, as well as their personal stories and an enormous respect for my heritage.

Lilian, taken around 1955

2 comments:

  1. Grandmothers are so special. You are fortunate to have some wonderful mementos to remember them.

    Blogiversary wishes are in order. Congratulations on two great years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for your lovely comment and blogiversary wishes. I really appreciate that a lot. xx

      Delete